Greetings Dispersed Ones,
Great news! The church can now officially open its doors. We can once again gather to worship in the church building. Join us this Sunday, May 31st, as we celebrate the Spirit igniting and empowering isolated believers.
I am so looking forward to seeing the church once again filled with people, hearing the sounds of the worship songs echo off the walls and reverberate throughout the building. It will be great seeing the Lord speak a unified message to His body of believers.
However, the church will not look the same when you return. There are requirements we need to meet to accommodate the state regulations. Here is a simple list of things we are doing to help serve one another:
· First, please make sure you are feeling well and healthy before coming to church. If you don’t feel well, please join the livestream of the service at www.ourcommunitychurch.live. The church will be cleaned and sanitized every Sunday morning before we open our doors.
· Hand sanitizer will be available for everyone to use as they enter the church facility.
· We are asking everyone to wear a facemask during the worship service. This is most important during the singing portion of the service. You never know what people are going through, so let’s support one another with this act.
· We will practice physical distancing. Therefore, the pews have been temporarily removed and chairs have been spaced 6 feet apart.
· The offering basket is now located in the back of the church. We will not pass the baskets during the church service.
· The bulletin is being eliminated temporarily.
· Children’s ministries are taking extra precautions
o All children’s temperatures will be taken
o All children’s parents will be asked some simple health questions about the child’s health
o All children’s workers will be wearing facemasks throughout the duration of the service
o Where necessary to maintain social distance, children’s teaching programs will take place outside under canopies with significant space between each child
· Unfortunately, restrooms will be closed to public use
These are minor concessions which are necessary so that we can worship, pray, praise and encourage one another, face to face. I pray that you will join us this Sunday. Seating is limited, so come early. The Gospel is unlimited, so share it generously.
See you this Sunday. ……Pastor Paul